Beautifully presented 4 bedroom detached home peacefully situated at the edge of the village while within walking distance of the friendly village shop and bar.
- Driveway with parking for 2-3 Cars
- Covered Portico with traditional stone sink
- Large Living room with fireplace
- Kitchen (Units by negotiation)
- Stairs to Basement floor and First floor
- Party Kitchen - Fully fitted with internal Pizza/Bread Oven with door to garden
- Workshop Area
- Boiler Room and storage
The ancient stone built village of Gragnana has a rich and historic past, traces of which can still be found. The village grew up along a traditional mule track which led to Lunigiana. According to local legend, the bell of Santa Margherita church was blessed and would be rung to dispel the Black Death. A medieval bridge, which joined Gragnana to Piazza al Serchio via San Michele is still standing.
The local café and little village car park are just a stone’s throw from the cottage (although it’s possible to park at the cottage). The bustling mountain town of Piazza al Serchio (on the main Pisa/Lucca to Aulla train line) is about 4.5 km away and provides extensive shopping and services as well as a weekly open air market.
Aulla, (with its great access to the Italian motorway network), Lucca and Pisa airport are about 40km, 64km and 90 km away respectively.
The world famous coastline of the “Cinque Terre” is just an hour's drive away. There are local ski slopes in Careggine (20 mins) and a very good ski resort in Abetone (1 hour 15 minutes), making this a great base for holidays at any time of year.
- Landing 1 with French doors to balcony
- Landing 2 with French doors to balcony
- 4 Double Bedrooms
- Family Bathroom