Casa Prunecchio, Chiozza, 55km north of Lucca
Sleeps 9 + 2
Swimming pool (10m x 5m)
Prunecchio is a detached traditional style stone farmhouse, with private pool, and panoramic views, situated around 1 hr 15 mins from Lucca. The location is a walkers paradise, with many beautiful walks starting straight from the door.
The farmhouse is situated in a tiny hamlet, giving a real feel of olde worlde traditional Italy, without compromising on privacy at the pool area, and with the most wonderful uninterrupted panoramic view.
This spacious, 3 storey property with traditional Tuscan Arches, has been recently restored, with care taken to retain original features. There are beamed ceilings throughout, an original fireplace, wood flooring and a hand made kitchen.
This 5 bedrooom, 3 bathroom farmhouse is ideal for families – it is a real home from home, and is lived in by the owners over the Winter months. Some of the bedrooms are ideal for children; a 2.5 metre trampoline with safety net in the pool are; a proper bath for those children who hate showers; and the pool has been cleverly designed to give a sitting area perfect for the little ones, with lots of room for adults to swim too.
Great for those that require a good deal of space, there is a large living room, kitchen, separate dining room complete with piano,....
Externally, there is a terrace leading from the dining room, which has wondrous views over the mountains, a ground floor eating area, bbq, a large garden and a beautiful pool
Overall, this is a really good choice for those wishing to be in the depths of the countryside, but without a sense of isolation.
• Enter house via courtyard, into large bright living room with comfy seating, DVD, CD player. Free wireless internet access is available. This room leads through to fully equipped hand made kitchen, with dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer and aga. Beamed ceilings.
• The kitchen is ‘open plan’ via square arch into traditional style dining room with large original fireplace, piano and sofa. Beamed ceilings
• The dining room leads out onto pretty terrace perfect for breakfast and pre dinner drinks.
• Also on the ground floor , and a shower room.
• • The living room has stairs leading to the first floor which accommodates 4 bedrooms:
• • Master bedroom with double aspect, arch vaulted beamed ceilings, wooden floors, sky light, and amazing views
• Twin room with beamed ceilings
• Twin room with one standard sized bed at normal height and one shorter bed on a raised level
• Single room with beamed ceilings
• Also on this floor is the spacious family bathroom complete with bathtub and hand held shower attachment; WC, sink and bidet. Arch vaulted beamed ceilings
• • The ground floor leads down to ‘basement’ which houses the boiler room, utility room with washing machine, games room with table tennis table, and the fifth bedroom.
• • The fifth bedroom is a double bedroom with en-suite shower room which can be accessed from two doors making it ideal for those who wish to use the WC from the garden, without passing through bedroom, thus retaining privacy. Also on this level there is another room with a double sofabed which shares the en-suite shower room. There is no natural light in this room but has double doors that lead directly to the patio/garden (under the arches).
• • Outside:
• Terrace leading from dining room
• Ground floor terraced patio and eating area leading from ‘basement’ situated beside beautiful arches. BBQ with large 3 metre worktop and sink with running water.
• Large open garden with wondrous uninterrupted views.
• Main garden area leads down to pool area with L shaped pool. The main part of the pool is 10M x 5M and there is an additional ‘L’ with steps perfect for children to sit on and enjoy the water. Here as well as sunbathing areas there is a covered gazebo for shaded relaxing and a large built in BBQ
A little about the areaThe farmhouse is situated just beneath the peaks of the Appenine mountain range; 2km from the village of Chiozza; approximately 1 hr 15 minutes north of Lucca, and a 15 minute drive to the market town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana with it famous Thursday morning market, shops, bars, restaurants and train station.
The local village has a bar/basic food shop and restaurant and it is possible to walk cross country for 3km to a further restaurant, located in Castiglione, a beautiful fully walled mediaeval village which is known for its intact protecting walls, fantastic views, and summer festas.
The property is located only a 15/20 minute drive to the famous mountain peak top village of San Pellegrino with its mummified saints and incredible views.
Whilst a walkers paradise and set in the depths of the countryside, there is not a feeling of isolation at this farmhouse, since it is situated in a beautiful hamlet; is within walking distance of a restaurant (2km), and only a 10 minute drive from what is often described as the best restaurant in the area, at Pieve Fosciana, which also boasts, shops, banks, bars, restaurants, and the most gorgeous delicatessen with take way home made traditional Italian food.
Prices p/w inc. Electricity, linen, towels. Heating is extra.