Luisa is nestled in the Garfagnana hills in a tiny hamlet one hour or so north of Lucca, and enjoys the most wonderful views over the Apuane Alps.
Clean, simple and flexible accommodation within beautiful flat grounds, and with a good quality pool complete with a stunning vista, this is a very good value holiday choice. Ideal for couples/small families as part of a large group, with plenty of room to relax together both inside and out in apartment.
There are 3 apartments on site – 2 x one bedroom, and 1 x two bedrooms, each with their own facilities and eating area, sharing a good sized pool.
Since the property is built into a slope, all three apartments have entrances at ground level.
Apartments 1 and 2, both with one bedroom and one bathroom sleeping 2 plus 3 each :
• Both these simple clean apartments have one double bedroom, a modern shower room and a combined living/kitchen/diner. Each living area leads to personal outdoor dining facilities looking out to the beautiful large pool and the stunning vista beyond.
• Each bedroom has a double bed, plus single bed, and each living area has a dining table, and a simple double sofa bed. WIFI
• Kitchens are furnished with oven/hob, and fridge/freezer.
Apartment 3, two bedrooms and two bathrooms, sleeping 4 plus 4
This large spacious light and airy apartment is organised as follows:
• 2 Double bedrooms, each with extra single bed
• Two modern shower rooms (one of which is en-suite)
• Very large living room with juliette balcony overlooking pool and amazing panorama.
Living room has plenty of comfy seating including sofa bed, TV with DVD, and dining facilities which can be extended to accommodate guests from ground floor apartments if all 3 apartments are hired together. WIFI
• Massive industrial style kitchen, with all a serious cook can dream of, but if the thought of this intimidates, there is also a standard style oven with hob, fridge freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
• The apartment has its own covered outdoor dining facilities with plenty of space for everyone if the entire house is hired by one group.
• Good sized pool, 6M x 12M plus Roman Steps and cascading water feature, set in a flat grassed area, with stunning views! Pool towels provided
• Laundry room
A little about the area:
Nestled in a small hamlet in this absolutely beautiful rural area, this property has a fully private pool, but does not feel isolated at all.
Whilst there are no facilities in the hamlet, there are various villages nearby – one with restaurant, pharmacy, basic shop and post office only 2.5km away, and 5km away is the beautiful walled village of Castiglione which has a restaurant, bars, and shops.
For a supermarket, then just 8km away is the village of Pieve Fosciana, with two well regarded restaurants, shops, supermarket, bars, banks and the most wonderful deli providing delicious home cooked hot and cold food to take away, with a daily changing menu. Pop in on the way home from a day out and give yourselves a treat!
Selection of other distances:
• Castelnuovo di Garfagnana – local market town – 15 mins
• National Park of Orecchiella – 20 mins
• Verrucole – with its mediaeval fortress and climbing/zip wire park – 25 mins
• Barga – mediaeval town with cobbled streets, beautiful architecture, Cathedral, gorgeous views and a wide selection of restaurants and gelaterias – 30 mins
• Lucca – mediaeval walled city, and a great day out, 1 hour 10 mins
• Pisa 90 mins or so, and Florence say 2 hours.