This enchanting, fully renovated village house (over 200 sqm) was formed from part of a medieval church, which is believed to date from the 1519, and first renovated in the 1700s. It sits on quiet one-way street in a residential area of the historic centre of Diecimo.
The renovation has been very sympathetically carried out, taking account of the historic nature of the building and highlighting a wealth of original period features throughout the property. Amongst these are terracotta floor tiles (many of which are original), solid chestnut beams, marble fire surround, exposed stone walls, wooden furniture and what appears to be part of the church font. Telephone, computer and TV points have been installed. The roof is in good condition. Gas central heating, electrics and plumbing are brand new.
The house is within easy walking distance of Diecimo’s shops (3 grocers, bakery, flower shop, hardware shop) and restaurants and less than 10 minutes walk from Diecimo trains station on the main Pisa/Lucca to Aulla line. Lucca is about a 20-minute drive away and the medieval town of Barga about 30 minutes. Pisa airport is about 25 miles away and can be reached in under an hour by car or train. Florence is 1 hour away and the ski resort of Abetone about 1.5 hours.
Ground floor: Large open plan living area, fully fitted kitchen, French windows to the pretty garden.
First floor: Living area/ hall, double bedrooms 1 and 2, shower room
Second floor: Large attic bedroom with en-suite
Taverna: Converted cellar area plumber for sink. Summer kitchen or possible 4th bedroom
Garden: About 50 sqm with mountain views