Situated in a fabulous location within the walls of the medieval City of Barga, this traditional, stone-built property sit just off the cobbled Via di Borgo, which links the historic parts of Barga Vecchia (Old Barga) with Il Giardino, its modern centre.
A stone archway leads off Via di Borgo into cobbled Vicolo Orsini where the original solid chestnut wood front door of the property is located.
The ground floor flat, parts of which are hundreds of years old, has recently been sympathetically restored by skilled local artisans. They have worked together to recapture the beauty of this house with its original stone kitchen sink, beamed chestnut ceilings, open fire, tiled floors, wooden shutters and traditional stone architraves. At the same time, the electrics and gas central heating have been brought up to modern standards of safety and comfort.
The property offers the following accommodation:
- Fully fitted kitchen/living area with beamed ceiling, traditional floor tiles and original open fire.
- 3 double bedrooms, with traditional wooden shutters and floor tiles (two also have chestnut beamed ceilings).
- Bathroom with window and 4 piece shower room with window.
- Additional shower room.
- Lovely lounge with original terracotta tiles, beamed ceiling and windows on 3 walls.
- External terrace providing a sunny spot for al fresco dining and sunbathing.
- Cellar - Large, full height and with beautiful archway. Window and independent access via original solid chestnut door.
*All furniture etc.can be removed or the present owner would consider a seperate additional purchase in part or whole.
The property also benefits from being close to free parking and access to shops, bars, restaurants, etc. in both the old and new town.
Distances (Approx) from Barga
Pisa Airport: 72km
Forte dei Marmi (seaside): 71km
Viareggio (seaside): 67km
Train Station (Barga Gallicano): 4km