Santa Maria nr Barga
Restored Farmhouse/Barn with private pool .
Main house + smaller apartment (only let together) with outdoor eating areas
Set in 3 acres with private swimming pool
Sleeps 8 + 2
Restored farmhouse located close to the beautiful town of Barga!
This 4 bedroom 3 bathroom property sleeping 8 plus 2 is set in 3 of acres of land with private swimming pool situated against a mountain backdrop.
This farmhouse spans three floors, with bedroom four actually a self contained annexe with its own small living/kitchen area.
This restored farmhouse retains many traditional features, including traditional flooring, chestnut windows, beamed ceiling.
The property is situated in beautiful terraced gardens with gorgeous views. There is a wonderful terrace for dining together alfresco, and other terraces/relaxing areas for reading a book away from the rest of your group. There is so much outdoor space...
Set in the charming Garfagnana valley, by the country road leading to Barga (2.2km), it is exposed to an enchanting view over the terraced vineyards, olive groves and fruit trees, onto the beautiful Apuane marble mountains beyond.
The stream La Corsonna borders the garden and one can actually walk into the friendly medieval market town of Barga, 20 minutes cross country, across the fields and over the foot bridge on the stream. Here you will find bars, good restaurants, gelaterias, shops, and often live music and markets under the stars.... A shorter walk along the roadway there is an osteria/bar.
This location is ideal for relaxing walks to nearby hamlets and for delightful views of this unspoilt valley. Well suited for day visits to: Lucca, Pisa, Florence, the coast. WI FI connection free.
Further information on the property itself:
Split over 3 floors :
- Fully equipped living/ kitchen/diner, including dishwasher, oven, hob, fridge freezer, washing machine WIFI ., TV/DVD etc with direct access to south facing outdoor eating area overlooking the beautiful marble Apuan Alps.
- 1 double bedroom, 1 bathroom with shower.
- Further terrace on east side of this floor, ideal for breakfasting in the morning sun.
First floor :
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom with extra single bed,
- 1 bathroom with shower, washing machine.
- mezzanine with access to small terrace.
Lower ground floor
This is actually a small separate apartment (only let as part of the house) comprising of :
- 1 small kitchen with fridge freezer, microwave, hob and washing machine.,
- small lounge with sofa bed settee,
- 1 double bedroom,
- 1 bathroom with shower. Access to separate south facing terrace.
Ideal for a couple wanting privacy from the rest of the group.
This is a wonderful opportunity to stay close to stunning Barga in a spacious property with mountain views at a very reasonable price.