Luisa, a first floor 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment is nestled in the Garfagnana hills in a tiny hamlet one hour or so north of Lucca, and enjoys the most wonderful views over the Apuane Alps.
Clean and simple accommodation within beautiful flat grounds, and with a good quality pool for your exclusive use complete with a stunning vista, this is a very good value holiday choice. Whislt on the first floor, the property is built into a hill, so you exit the property at ground level, where there is a spacious covered loggia for dining al fresco.
This large spacious light and airy apartment is organised as follows:
• 2 Double bedrooms, one with extra single bed, and one with additional bunk beds.
• Two modern shower rooms (one of which is en-suite)
• Very large living room with juliette balcony overlooking pool and amazing panorama.
Living room has plenty of comfy seating including sofa bed, TV with DVD, and dining facilities. WIFI
• Massive industrial style kitchen, with all a serious cook can dream of, but if the thought of this intimidates, there is also a standard style oven with hob, fridge freezer, microwave and dishwasher.
• The apartment has its own covered outdoor dining facilities giving plenty of shade.
• Good sized pool, 6M x 12M plus Roman Steps and cascading water feature, set in a flat grassed area, with stunning views!
Loads of room for relaxing or playing.
Pool towels provided
• Laundry room
NB - A member of the owner's family lives on site in a one bedroom apartment in the house at ground floor level, but is out all day and does not use garden or pool which is for exclusive use of guests. Guests privacy is respected.
A little about the area
Nestled in a small hamlet in this absolutely beautiful rural area, this property has a fully private pool, but does not feel isolated at all. Whilst there are no facilities in the hamlet, there are various villages nearby - one with restaurant, pharmacy, basic shop and post office only 2.5km away, and 5km away is the beautiful walled village of Castiglione which has a restaurant, bars, and shops. For a supermarket, then just 8km away is the village of Pieve Fosciana, with two well regarded restaurants, shops, supermarket, bars, banks and the most wonderful deli providing delicious home cooked hot and cold food to take away, with a daily changing menu. Pop in on the way home from a day out and give yourselves a treat!
Selection of other distances:
• Castelnuovo di Garfagnana - local market town - 15 mins
• National Park of Orecchiella - 20 mins
• Verrucole - with its mediaeval fortress and climbing/zip wire park - 25 mins
• Barga - mediaeval town with cobbled streets, beautiful architecture, Cathedral, gorgeous views and a wide selection of restaurants and gelaterias - 30 mins
• Lucca - mediaeval walled city, and a great day out, 1 hour 10 mins
• Pisa 90 mins or so, and Florence say 2 hours.
TOURIST TAX - Do note that there is a local stay tax applicable at €1 per person per night, up to a maximum of 5 nights. This does not apply to children under 14.