Lovingly renovated 250 year old Tuscan stone property with private pool , situated in a peaceful and rural but convenient setting surrounded by wild flowers, olive trees and terracotta roof tops, with a mountain backdrop.
Located 1 hour north of Lucca, in a tiny hamlet, just a 1.5km walk from a very good restaurant and lots of village facilities in Pieve, and just a 2.4km walk from the beautiful walled village of Castiglione with its stunning views.
This flexible property has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms in the main house, plus a mezzanine with single bed, with the option of hiring a further two bedrooms (double room leading through to a bunk room ), along with a shower room in the adjacent cabina.
This very spacious cottage oozes character and has real tuscan rustic charm, with beamed ceilings, terracotta floors, exposed stone walls , and chestnut windows. It has been renovated over a number of years with lots of love and care.
Modern conveniences mix with handmade rustic furniture, in an authentic setting providing a real Tuscan country experience.
The open plan ground floor gives you plenty of room to relax, cook and dine together, and there are various relaxing areas outside, including a roof terrace, covered loggia style dining area, small terrace leading from bedrooms, further covered terrace with hammock, sun deck at pool and garden areas. Top all this off with large BBQ, pizza/bread oven and ping pong, and you won't want to leave....
- Enter into very spacious open plan living kitchen diner, with plenty of comfy seating, SAT TV, DVD, WIFI. Dining table large enough for all guests to dine together.
- Kitchen equipped with oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge /freezer etc. and a further breakfasting table.
- Downstairs bathroom consisting of WC, sink and bidet as well as washing machine.
- Enormous double bedroom, with additional single bed and comfy seating. Double doors leading to balcony with panoramic view over garden and pool area.
- Second large double bedroom with two additional single beds and with a mezzanine floor with a small double bed. This bedroom has sail cloth attached to part of the beamed ceiling, and also has a double aspect, with double doors leading to the balcony and over the vista.
- Also on this floor is a good size family bathroom with power jet shower, clawfoot bath, sink, bidet and WC.
- The Cabina provides additional sleeping for 4 guests with a double room leading to a bunk room. The bottom bunk is pretty large.
- There is also a shower room here.
- There are no further facilities so one has to walk over to main house for use of kitchen etc. Ideal for teenagers...
Gardens with flat areas, and olive trees, terraces, covered dining and relaxing areas, roof terrace, BBQ, pizza oven, ping pong, and private pool, just under 8M x4M with stunning mountain views.
A little about the area:
Despite the rural nature of the location you can walk to the village of Pieve Fosciana which has two restaurants, bars, local shops, including a delicatessen selling scrumptious home made Italian hot food to take away - with a menu that is changed daily, supermarket, gelateria bank etc.
You can also walk up to the stunningly located walled village of Castiglione, famous for its unbeatable views and medieaveal festas.
The market town of Castelnuovo is only a 5 min drive away, with its bars, restaurants, shops, famous Thursday morning market, and train station for easy exploring.
The beautiful mediaeval town of Barga with its cobbled streets, great architecture, cathedral & great views is only a 20 minute drive. Famous for its art and music, evening markets, dancing, and sometimes even impromptu entertainment from Paolo Nutini! Well known for its restaurants too....
Lucca, the fully walled Mediaeval City and the Capital of the Region is less than 1 hr, and one can spend the day cycling or meandering along its ample walls; people watching in both the grand and tiny piazzas with prosecco, coffee or ice cream; designer shopping; climbing towers, visiting some of its 99 churches or just taking in the atmosphere. If you like opera, there is a recital every evening before dinner in a unique church setting.
The traditional Tuscan sites of Pisa and Florence are easily do-able in a day trip as are the beaches of Forte dei Marmi or Viareggio. Many guests also visit the Cinque Terre...