Zia Iole is a newly restored house, set over 3 floors providing 5 bedrooms and 4 shower rooms, with ample terrace, large garden with mountain backdrop, pool and parking.
This spacious unshared detached property with its own pool and large garden area is well located for exploring, and is well priced for groups on a budget looking for a bright airy and clean base. It is a great place to relax, with a bright sunbathing area and comfortable terrace. There is of course a barbeque for leisurely outdoor dining.
Internally the house is ample, airy, well finished and well equipped, with living/diner in traditional style, classic wooden fully equipped kitchen/breakfast room, 5 good size bright bedrooms and 4 shower rooms. There is also an equipped second kitchen with dining area and Laundry room with washing machine. There is WIFI too.
Ideal for large groups.
• Enter house into large living room/diner with TV, DVD player, STEREO, WIFI
• Kitchen/breakfast room fully equipped with oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher
Also on this floor are facilities sleeping 4 :
• 1 large double bedroom with en-suite shower room
• 1 further double bedroom
• Family shower room
On the second floor:
• 1 double bedroom
• 1 twin bedroom.
These bedrooms are in fact one enormous family room, separated by a large wardrobe that is large enough to create a ‘wall’ and 2 separate rooms. There is a door width opening between the rooms, but no door.
• 1 Family shower room
• 1 Further twin bedroom
• relaxing area with double sofa bed
• 1 spacious and bright terrace.
On the basement/ground floor where there is:
• Comfortable Taverna kitchen leading to sunbathing area. Here there is a sink, hob and fridge/freezer.
• The kitchen is open to a second large indoor dining area.
• Laundry area with washing machine
• Family shower room.
• Ample peaceful garden ideal for relaxing
• Comfortable sunbathing area
• Private out of ground pool (6.5 x 4 M)
• Equipped Barbecue zone ideal for leisurely outdoor dining
• Large private Parking
A little about the area:
Set in a tiny hamlet in the mountainous Media Valle/Garfagnana, this is the perfect base for exploring this stunning region, being just 40 mins from the centre of Lucca, and 15 mins from the mediaeval town of Barga.
The house is 3km from the village of Cardoso, which is a really beautiful old world village perched on a hillside and with amazing views at every turn. Here there are regular summer festas, and there is also a popular traditional Tuscan Restaurant and basic shop.
There is also a restaurant 1.5km in the other direction, and the house is only a few minutes drive from a popular lakeside restaurant too which does great fish in the evenings.
For a full food shop, then the hypermarket in Gallicano is less than a 10 min drive.
Ideally located to visit:
• Unspoilt Garfagnana full of hillside villages and stunning countryside along with 2 National Parks 15/20 minutes
• Barga - beautiful mediaeval town known for its views, restaurants, music festivals and art - 15 minutes
• Lucca - charming fully walled City which one can cycle around. Interesting architecture, cobbled streets, lots of Piazzas for people watching with a glass of wine or gelato. There are cultural events, regular antiques markets, designer shops, opera recitals etc. 40 mins
• Pisa - 1 hour
• Grotta del Vento - 35 mins
• Orridi del Botri - Tuscany's only Canyon - 45 mins