Mulino della Concia sleeping 6 plus 1
Beautiful converted watermill with private pool, large garden, pizza oven and WIFI.
Mulino della Concia is 3 bedroom 2 bathroom converted water mill with a large private infinity style pool. Set in the stunning Garfagnana region of Tuscany, and approached by a private road, the mill is ideally located in a very private and peaceful position it is close to the medieval village of San Romano where you will find a restaurant, bar, bakery and pharmacy. There is a pizzeria within walking distance, with other good restaurants and a local vineyard within a very short drive.
The watermill offers a unique experience, with it's own waterfall and stream. The sound of the waterfall adds to the feeling of serenity when lying by the pool and you can hear it from one of the bedrooms too! If you feel active there is loads to do, from exploring the nearby ancient fortress of Verrucole to hiking along the pilgrim's path of Via del Volto Santo, which runs past the mill.
This spacious 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom conversion has been newly decorated throughout. All the furniture is new and, as a much-loved holiday home for the owner, the house is very well equipped for a comfortable stay. The mill retains all its beautiful Tuscan character with chestnut beamed ceilings, chestnut windows and terracotta flooring.
The spacious gardens are well cared-for and mature, boasting fruit trees, a pizza oven, an outdoor lounge area and a patio for al fresco dining looking over the large infinity-style private pool, with clear mountain views over Italy's Apuane Alps. There is also the mills private, freshwater waterfall and stream for cooling off in this unique setting amidst nature.
This really is a unique treat!
WIFI throughout and also at the pool.
- Living room with comfortable seating, feature fireplace, TV with firestick to connect to your favourite streaming apps.
- Dining room
- Kitchen - well equipped with oven, hob, dishwasher, microwave, fridge, coffee maker (pods), toaster, kettle, sandwich maker etc.
- Utility room - large fridge/freezer, washing machine and dryer.
Large hallway with desk (and access outside) leading to:
- Double bedroom with dual aspect and fantastic view of the mountains and the sound of the waterfall…
- Double bedroom with double doors leading outside. There is also a sofabed here.
- Double bedroom featuring a double loft bed, with a small double/large single underneath
- Shower room with shower cubicle, WC, basin and bidet.
- Bathroom with jacuzzi bath, over bath shower, WC, basin and bidet.
- Spacious 3000sq m of gardens, with fruit trees, mature plants and herbs
- Private infinity style pool 11.5M x 3.5M (pool towels included).
- Pizza oven
- Outdoor shaded lounge area
- Patio for al fresco dining
- Private waterfall, stream and freshwater pools
- Parking for 2 cars
A little about the location:
- Approached via a private driveway over a little bridge (the bridge is 2.5M wide) this is an ideal peaceful spot but just a short walk away from 2 small ‘villages’ where one can find a bakers 500m; pharmacy 500m; bar 600m . There is a restaurant 1.1km away and a pizzeria 1.3km .
- There are various good restaurants providing fresh local home cooked traditional food within a very short drive, as well as local one off shops, delicatessens, gelaterias and supermarkets.
- The location is also 15 minutes north of the market town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana with its famous Thursday morning market, numerous bars & restaurants.
- For relaxing afternoons out, there are lots of pretty villages to explore in the immediately locality, one of which is fully walled commanding outstanding views over the Apuane mountains. Another, less than a 10 minute drive away offers a further opportunity to swim in the clear cold waters of the river. Many of these villages have festas in the summer with food, drink and dancing.
- Situated only a short drive from the National Park of Orrecchiella, the location is ideal for walking, hiking, horse-riding, mountain biking and picnicking, surrounded by views of the seemingly endless mountains, and local chestnut woodland.
- For those who enjoy the outdoor life there is also a local tree climbing/zip wiring park just 1.3 km from the house , with courses adapted for all age groups, from the very young to adults. Enjoy a picnic here too on hot days.
- There are local adventure parks where one can try water canyoning, rock climbing, swimming in rock pools, canoeing etc and there is the Grotta del Vento, a massive cave system in the mountains which is a good day out.
- There is an ancient fortress to visit also just a 5 minute drive , with jaw dropping views, and interactive displays for children including a chance to try a little archery..
- The beautiful mediaeval town of Barga with its cobbled streets, great architecture, cathedral and great views is only a 25 minute drive. Barga is famous for its art and music, and here one can often enjoy free music, evening markets, dancing, and sometimes even impromptu entertainment from Paolo Nutini! Becoming well known for its restaurants too, Barga has plenty of places to eat.
- Lucca, the fully walled Mediaeval City and the Capital of the Region is an hour away, and one can spend the day cycling or meandering along its ample walls; people watching in both the grand and tiny piazzas with prosecco, coffee or ice cream; designer shopping; climbing towers, visiting some of its 99 churches or just taking in the atmosphere. If you like opera, there is a recital every evening before dinner in a unique church setting.
- The traditional Tuscan sites of Pisa and Florence are easily do-able in a day trip as are the beaches of Forte dei Marmi or Viareggio. Many guests also visit the Cinque Terre...
- The Golf Course of Garfagnana is a 10 min or so drive away.
- Florence 1 hr 40 mins, and the closest airport of Pisa is 90 minutes away.