Set on the edge of a tiny village, Beatrice is a detached 2 bedroom house with gorgeous private pool and stunning views.
Newly available for 2019, this light and airy 2 bedroom one bathroom property is beautifully located and boasts mountain views at every turn.
The owners have worked hard to provide a wonderful place for guests to relax away from the stresses and strains of every day life.
The house is situated on two floors.
- Spacious hallway
- New kitchen with counter top oven combinations microwave, hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher
- Living/diner with comfy seating and double doors leading out to patio and overlooking garden . WIFI. TV.
- Washing machine area
- Large double bedroom
- Spacious twin room which can also be made up as a double on request
- Large bathroom with shower cubicle, WC, sink and bidet
- All rooms benefit from remote controlled blinds
- Beautiful well kept gardens iwith mature shrubs, flowers and traditional cypress trees .
- Al fresco dining area directly outside house and complete with BBQ overlooking large ornamental pond and the stunning mountain views.
- Private pool 10M x 5M , again facing that wonderful vista. Extensive sunbathing area and gazebo with outdoor sofa set , providing an ideal space for relaxing in the shade.
- the owners also have a house on site but will respect privacy of guests, being there if required. The gardens and pool are for the sole use of guests.
A little about the area:
- Beatrice is situated on the edge of a tiny hamlet in a beautifully rural location with stunning open views, yet within easy reach of all facilities.
- There are various good restaurants providing fresh local home cooked traditional food within a short drive, as well as local one off shops, delicatessens, gelaterias and supermarkets. On the way to town there is a village shop providing home cooked Italian hot and cold food to take away, with a different menu each day. Ideal for super easy eating at home, or for picnics.
- For relaxing afternoons out, there are lots of pretty villages to explore in the immediately locality, one of which is fully walled commanding outstanding views over the Apuane mountains. Many of these villages have festas in the summer with food, drink and dancing.
- Situated only a short drive from the National Park of Orrecchiella, the location is ideal for walking, hiking, horseriding, mountain biking and picnicking, surrounded by views of the seemingly endless mountains, and local chestnut woodland.
- For those who enjoy the outdoor life there is also a local tree climbing/zip wiring park, with courses adapted for all age groups, from the very young to adults.
- There are local adventure parks where one can try water canyoning, rock climbing, swimming in rock pools, canoeing etc and there is the Grotta del Vento, a massive cave system in the mountains which is a good day out.
- There is an ancient fortress to visit with jaw dropping views, and interactive displays for children including a chance to try a little archery.
- For when a townie day beckons, the local market town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana is less than a 15 minute drive. Here there are bars, restaurants, a famous Thursday morning market, old castle walls, the river Serchio and local train station.
- The beautiful mediaeval town of Barga with its cobbled streets, great architecture, cathedral and great views is only a 25 minute drive. Barga is famous for its art and music, and here one can often enjoy free music, evening markets, dancing, and sometimes even impromptu entertainment from Paolo Nutini! Becoming well known for its restaurants too, Barga has plenty of places to eat.
- Lucca, the fully walled Mediaeval City and the Capital of the Region is only an hours drive and one can spend the day cycling or meandering along its ample walls; people watching in both the grand and tiny piazzas with prosecco, coffee or ice cream; designer shopping; climbing towers, visiting some of its 99 churches or just taking in the atmosphere. If you like opera, there is a recital every evening before dinner in a unique church setting.
- The traditional Tuscan sites of Pisa and Florence are easily do-able in a day trip as are the beaches of Forte dei Marmi or Viareggio. Many guests also visit the Cinque Terre...
In summary, Beatrice is situated in a very peaceful location, yet not too isolated and well placed to explore the area - both mountains and towns/cities.