Santa Lucia is a unique luxury property set in 10 acres of gardens and olive groves in the Lunigiana region of northern Tuscany. This stunning property offers total peace and privacy yet is well located for exploring.
With 4 bedrooms and 4 ensuites; beamed ceilings; tuscan arches; chefs kitchen; private pool; outdoor kitchen complete with pizza oven and breathtaking mountain views, this completely private villa combines contemporary luxury with traditional Italian craftsmanship and is an ideal choice for those wanting to sample traditional Tuscany with all modern comforts.
There is a real sense of romance defined by exquisite stonework that is blended seamlessly with traditional materials such as oak, chestnut, terracotta, and local granite. Throughout the home are beautiful antiques, stylish and comfortable furniture, and finest quality linens, all of which will suit the most discerning guest. Internally this wonderful home offers elegant and comfortable accommodation for eight people wishing to enjoy a peaceful retreat.
Externally, enjoy the beautiful grounds; the large private salt water pool complete with pool house and sunbathing terrace; outdoor kitchen; garden games, and a choice of places to dine al fresco. All this luxury situated against the backdrop of the most amazing views will bring an instant sense of relaxation and a feel of privilege.
- Immaculate fully-equipped top-of-the-range chef’s kitchen complete with high quality appliances including 6 burner hob; oven; fridge freezer; wine fridge; 3 sinks; Italian espresso machine; professional-quality knives and cooking utensils; microwave and dishwasher all complemented by worktops in granite that is locally sourced. Washing machine. WIFI.
- Open plan dining area, with French doors leading out to a beautiful large terraced eating area and fantastic outdoor kitchen.
- Inviting reception room featuring a classic open fireplace; I-Pod Docking Station and speakers ; CD Player and small collection of CDs; Screen with DVD player and small collection of DVDs ; Books and boardgames.
- Cozy study that opens out to another charming terrace with comfortable seating.
- Full guest bathroom and cloakroom
- Three beautifully presented double bedrooms, each with stylish en-suite bathrooms. The two front bedrooms each feature French doors opening to the spectacular uninterrupted views of the Carrara mountains, and the third has charming views across the swimming pool to Castello d’Aquila – the Eagle’s Nest Castle.
- One twin room, also with en-suite overlooking a terrace and herb garden.
- Each bedroom has traditional beamed ceilings adding to the sense of romance.
- Each bathroom has top-of-the-range bathroom furniture, local granite tiles, heated towel rails, and hand-carved basinets and mirrors.
- 3 Hairdryers, Hot airbrush, and 3 flat irons.
- Large private salt water swimming pool with marble surround.
- Pool toys and floats
- Chestnut beamed open-air pool house.
- Shaded poolside pergola and sunbathing terrace
- A spacious outdoor kitchen with a traditional wood-burning pizza oven, open grill, stone sink, marble worktop, and storage cupboards.
- 2 beautiful al fresco dining areas.
- Secluded and private setting of olives & woodland over 4 hectares
- Beautiful gardens with abundant flowers and trees
- Large lawn area with croquet and bocce
- Several terraces and charming shaded areas for eating, entertaining, or just relaxing
- Chestnut-beamed ‘tattoia’ (garden terrace) off French doors of study
- Electric Entry gates
- Private parking for up to 6 cars
There is the option for meals to be provided on request - from a traditional Italian meal, to pizza in the wood oven.. This makes for a lovely evening.
Overall, this property is a real treat!
A little about the area:
Perfectly situated in a very tranquil and private spot just a short walk from the tiny village. Despite the tranquil very rural environment, right on the Northern Tip of Tuscany, this villa is ideally located for exploring since relatively speaking it is not far from the motorway network. This is a major advantage over many of the Nothern Tuscan locations.
There are plenty of little restaurants easily reachable by car, and the thriving village of Fivvizano is only a 10 minute drive which also has a supermarket .
In August there will be lots of small village festas in the local surrounding villages, and you can eat at these which are always good fun, and a taste of how the Italians live! The closest larger town is Aulla with its shops, restaurants, supermarkets and weekly market is a 25 minute drive.
Ideal for exploring the Lucignana, rich in mediaeval history, with its Romanesque Churches, Castles and ancient villages, the famous Lucca area, the Tuscan coast, and the Cinque Terre, distances are as follows:
- Fivvizano - 10 mins
- Equi terme - 15 mins
- Aulla - 25 mins - high speed trains from here to major Tuscan towns
- Bagnone 45 minutes
- La Spezia 50 minutes – one can visit the cinque terre by hop on hop off train from here, or by boat
- Beaches 50 mins from beautiful Lerici, with Forte dei Marmi, playground of the rich and famous 1 hour.
- Lucca, beautiful, mediaeval walled city 1 hour 20 mins
- Cinque Terre , stunning coastal area, by car 1 hour 15 mins
- Pisa 1 hr 25 minutes
- Genoa 2 hours
- Parma , famous for its ham and cheese, 1 hr 50 mins
- Florence 2 hours 15 mins
- Portofino, famous ‘Riviera’ fishing village, inhabited by the rich and famous 1 hr 45 mins