Set behind a gated driveway , within walking distance of a good restaurant and just 3km from town one finds this baroque style private villa and private pool overlooking mountains,.
This luxuriously styled villa has 3 bedrooms and 3 luxury bathrooms split into a stunning two bedroom apartment and a further charming 1 bedroom apartment, with the option of 2 extra singles (provided in second living room and suitably screened) if you have more than 6 guests.
There is space galore with the main house boasting a luminous living/dining area with 4 arched windows/doors leading out into the garden. There is a second living area in the smaller, but also very spacious apartment too.
The villa also boasts two fully equipped kitchens and two dining areas.
The gardens overlook mountain views and there are covered terraces direct from the kitchen for al fresco dining beside the gardens as well as a covered outdoor kitchen area beside the pool with dining facilities, gas BBQ , gas ring, basin and fridge (for those pool drinks!).
The private pool has large roman steps for ultimate relaxation and there is a vineyard and olive trees below the garden to give that real Tuscan feel.
This place is a real treat!
In more detail.
- Brand new kitchen with oven, 5 ring hob, dishwasher, US style fridge freezer, ice maker, pod coffee machine, large kitchen island and breakfasting table, leading through to
- Enormous living room with comfy sofas, and dining table with arched glazed doors overlooking gardens and leading to terrace
- Smaller cosy area with a fireplace and 2 chairs up a couple of stairs.
- 1 double bedroom with arched glazed door leading to the garden, with large sliding door wardrobe with TV. En-suite bathroom with large double bath, large separate walk in shower, twin basins, bidet and WC. This bathroom has a real feel of luxury with lots of mirrors and marble columns etc .
- Second double bedroom with door to terrace
- Second shower room with large walk in shower, twin basins, bidet and WC
- Utility room with washer and dryer.
- Open plan living, kitchen diner.
- Kitchen includes dishwasher, fridge/freezer, washing machine, filter coffee machine, window with mountain view
- Dining area for 4 guests
- Living room with large comfy sofa and armchair, TV, wonderful Juliette balcony overlooking the garden towards the pool area.
- Large double bedroom
- Shower room with large walk in shower, bidet, WC, and marble topped basin .
- One can screen the living area and add two single beds ideal for children to sleep.
- Gated to the front with plenty of parking.
- Covered al fresco dining area straight from the kitchen
- The garden is decorated with balustrades, and statues
- Gentle slope up to pool area which is 12M x 5M with additional ample roman steps and views of the mountains.
- Covered outdoor cooking area with gas bbq, gas ring, sink and fridge.
- Vineyard and olives below .
A little about the area :
Conveniently located in large grounds, situated on a hillside in the heart of the stunning Garfagnana.
Just a 400M walk from a good restaurant and only 3km from the local market town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana with its bars, restaurants, shops and famous Thursday morning market.
The beautiful medieaval town of Barga, with its great restaurants, art, music and open air markets is only a 15 min drive;
The mediaeval city of Lucca is just a 45 min jaunt and one can spend all day cycling the fully intact walls, exploring the many piazzas, climbing towers, designer shopping or just meandering and absorbing the wonderful atmosphere of Puccini's birthplace. Treat yourself to an opera recital too, or if you travel during the music festival, see world famous acts in intimate settings.
Florence by car is circa 1 hour 30min, and Pisa airport around 1 hr 15 mins.
Perfect for those seeking a wonderful rural property in a peaceful location, with mountain vistas and for families that enjoy walking, nature and picnics and visiting all the local villages, yet within easy reach of towns too.