Tre Campi, Cardoso is a spacious three bedroom, 2 bathroom detached cottage with private pool in an idyllic, peaceful and private location only 40 minutes from Lucca! Walking distance of restaurant.
Tre Campi is situated in ample grounds and is a traditonal style Italian house with large garden, own pool, wonderful covered loggia for al fresco dining and relaxing, BBQ and traditional wood burning pizza/bread oven. Internally the house is spacious and well equipped, with living/diner complete with fireplace, beamed ceilings and tradtional flooring, modern fully equipped kitchen/breakfast room, 3 good size light and airy bedrooms and 2 shower rooms. There is WIFI too.
- Living/diner with dining facilities for six, comfy seating, fireplace, beamed ceilings, TV, DVD WIFI
- Kitchen/breakfast room with oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge/freezer.
- Laundry area with washing machine.
- 2 double bedrooms and 1 twin bedroom (which can also be made into a double)
- 2 shower rooms
- Ample flat gardens ideal for relaxing and playing
- Private out of ground pool (7.5 x 3.5M)
- Covered loggia for dining and relaxing al fresco
- Wood burning pizza oven and BBQ
A little about the area:
Set in a tiny hamlet in the mountainous Media Valle/Garfagnana, this is the perfect base for exploring this stunning region, being just 40 mins from the centre of Lucca, and 15 mins from the mediaeval town of Barga.
The house is 3km from the village of Cardoso, which is a really beautiful olde worlde village perched on a hillside and with amazing views at every turn. Here there are regular summer festas, and there is also a popular traditional Tuscan Restaurant and basic shop.
There is also a restaurant 1.5km in the other direction ,and the house is only a few minutes drive from a popular lakeside restaurant too which does great fish in the evenings.
For a full food shop, then the hypermarket in Gallicano is less than a 10 min drive.
Ideally located to visit:
- Unspoilt Garfagnana full of hillside villages and stunning countryside along with 2 National Parks - 15/20 minutes
- Barga - beautiful medieaval town known for its views, restaurants, music festivals and art - 15 minutes
- Lucca - charming fully walled City which one can cycle around. Interesting architecture, cobbled streets, lots of Piazzas for people watching with a glass of wine or gelato. There are cultural events, regular antiques markets, designer shops, opera recitals etc. 40 mins
- Pisa - 1 hour
- Grotta del Vento - 35 mins
- Orridi del Botri - Tuscany's only Canyon - 45 mins