This 120 year old village property, situated 1 hour north of Lucca and within walking distance of a good restaurant, and other facilities is a large property split into 5 separate apartments (only let together), so ideal for large groups wishing to holiday together but have privacy between them.
In total there are 11 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms
Each apartment has its own entrance, is individually equipped and has its own outdoor area. There is also a large patio for dining al fresco together, along with a BBQ. In addition there is a large indoor dining area where everyone can eat and relax together if it rains. The large communal eating area is fully equipped with tableware and cookware and has cooking facilities, dishwasher and fridge for those communal meals.
The owner can arrange pizza evenings on request or provide local traditional meals, so if you don't want to go out, just be spoilt at home ! You can even learn to bake bread and make your own pizzas and then enjoy the results! Or, you can order aperitivi by the pool, for pre dinner snacks. There is an outdoor kitchen area and wood oven, reserved for the owner to make meals for guests, but you will eat here when you book a meal.
Boasting beamed ceilings and traditional style flooring throughout, these apartments have been refurbished and furnished in a style keeping with the age of the property but with the benefit of functional and well equipped kitchens and modern shower rooms.
Each of the 5 holiday apartments have a living / dining area, and a fully equipped kitchen, including dishwasher.
The house is split into:
- Mansarda - 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (one double and one with large good quality bunks, plus extra bed) sleeping 4 plus 1 - with private roof terrace
- Lido - 2 bedrooms (one double and one twin) and 1 bathroom sleeping 4
- Taverna - 2 bedrooms (one double and one bunk room plus single bed) and 1 bathroom sleeping 4 plus 1
- Natale - 3 bedrooms (one double, one twin and one bunk room) and 2 bathrooms sleeping 6
- Villino - detached little villa next to main house - 2 bedrooms (one double and one twin, and a separate bed in the mansarda area) and 1 bathroom sleeping 4 plus 1 - with private roof terrace
Each apartment has its own personal outdoor area and two boast a roof top terrace yet there are also 2 group eating areas for when you all wish to dine together - one al fresco, and another inside.
Each apartment has:
Living / kitchen diner, oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge freezer.
Free WIFI internet
- Laundry room
- Flat walled and gated garden - lit at night.
- Swimming Pool 12m X 6m
- BBQ area with space to all dine together
- Taverna with plenty of room to dine together inside, along with communal kitchen.
- Allotment - pick your own!
- Meals on request - do book in advance.
- Learn how to make bread and pizza in the pizza oven or help the owner making home made pasta.
- There is a small take away pizzeria on site - separate entrance and parking for villagers to take away so your privacy is not affected!
A little about location:
The house is situated in the village of Pieve Fosciana, which has the benefit of a good restaurant, shops, bars, bank and the most wonderful delicatessen, selling home made hot food to go, and with a menu that changes daily ...
Less than a five minute drive is the market town of Castelnuovo with all facilities including supermarket, shops, bars, restaurants and train station for car-free exploring ...
For days out distances are as follows:
- Walled City of Lucca 1 hr or less;
- Pisa with its tower, 1 hr 20 mins
- Florence 90 mins;
- Castelnuovo, local market town 5 mins;
- Barga, beautiful mediaeval town known for its great restaurants 20 mins;
- National Park of Orrecchiella 25 mins
- The fortress at Verrucole - great views & interative museum 20 mins as is the Buffardello zip wire park
CAR HIGHLY RECOMMENDED