Restored country house, and cottage (only let together) retaining most of the original features including stone faced walls, beamed ceilings and original fireplace in lounge.
The property is situated in farmland surrounded by meadows in a panoramic position with beautiful views overlooking the Pontecosi lake and the green Garfagnana valley.
Eating out area adjoining the house and ample playing space for children.
This property consists of the Country House/Villa with 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, along with a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom cottage which are only let together ensuring full privacy. The cottage is set 160/200M down a wide woodland path (also fine for car) from the villa giving a fully independent and private hideaway to part of your group!
4 bedroom 2 bathroomVilla/Countryhouse:
2 bedroom 1 bathroom Cottage:
- Large fully equipped kitchen - oven, hob, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and washing machine
- Comfortable lounge with fireplace/SAT TV/WIFI
- 3 large double bedrooms - one with 4 poster bed
- 1 Twin bedrooms
- Bathroom (bath with shower curtain for showering) and also an en-suite shower room to one of the doubles .
- Washing machine.
- Large private pool 6M x 12M , covered eating area, BBQ, parking
- Romantic looking traditional stone cottage with beautiful views including over the lake of Pontecosi.
- The cottage comprises a living/diner with fireplace, kitchen with hob, fridge and washing machine ,
- double bedroom, and twin bedroom
- shower room
- Outside there is a patio area for al fresco dining when away from the rest of the group, and a relaxing area. There is also a shaded picnic table behind the house.
- BBQ. Private parking.
A little about the area:
- Convenient Location - see map
- Within a 10 minute walk of small golf course (6 holes par 3 with amazing views! You need to go round 3 times with different starting points ) and a 20 minute walk from bar/restaurant by the lake of Pontecosi.
- The location is conveniently located 7 minutes north of the market town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana with its famous Thursday morning market, and numerous bars & restaurants.
- Closer to home is the village of Villetta which is a 4 minute drive and has a restaurant, bar and shop/gelatieria and train station.
- There are various good restaurants providing fresh local home cooked traditional food within a short drive, as well as local one off shops, delicatessens, gelaterias and supermarkets.
- For relaxing afternoons out, there are lots of pretty villages to explore in the immediately locality, one of which is fully walled commanding outstanding views over the Apuane mountains. Many of these villages have festas in the summer with food, drink and dancing.
- Situated only a short drive from the National Park of Orrecchiella, the location is ideal for walking, hiking, horseriding, mountain biking and picnicking, surrounded by views of the seemingly endless mountains, and local chestnut woodland.
- For those who enjoy the outdoor life there is also a local tree climbing/zip wiring park, with courses adapted for all age groups, from the very young to adults.
- There are local adventure parks where one can try water canyoning, rock climbing, swimming in rock pools, canoeing etc and there is the Grotta del Vento, a massive cave system in the mountains which is a good day out.
- There is an ancient fortress to visit with jaw dropping views, and interactive displays for children including a chance to try a little archery.
- For when a townie day beckons, the local market town of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana is only a 6 minute drive. Here there are bars, restaurants, a famous Thursday morning market, old castle walls, the river Serchio and local train station.
- The beautiful mediaeval town of Barga with its cobbled streets, great architecture, cathedral and great views is only a 20 minute drive. Barga is famous for its art and music, and here one can often enjoy free music, evening markets, dancing, and sometimes even impromptu entertainment from Paolo Nutini! Becoming well known for its restaurants too, Barga has plenty of places to eat.
- Lucca, the fully walled Mediaeval City and the Capital of the Region is only a 50 minute drive and one can spend the day cycling or meandering along its ample walls; people watching in both the grand and tiny piazzas with prosecco, coffee or ice cream; designer shopping; climbing towers, visiting some of its 99 churches or just taking in the atmosphere. If you like opera, there is a recital every evening before dinner in a unique church setting.
- The traditional Tuscan sites of Pisa and Florence are easily do-able in a day trip as are the beaches of Forte dei Marmi or Viareggio. Many guests also visit the Cinque Terre...
- The Golf Course of Garfagnana is only a 10 minute walk away.
- Florence 1 hr 40 mins
Prices p/week include, electricity, gas, hot water, towels and linen.
Central heating costs are extra in low season (meter reading)