4 bedrooms sleeping 6, 3 bathrooms, private pool, views of Barga which is short walk!!
Well refurbished romantic villa, situated in the countryside just underneath the Duomo of Barga, and a short walk into the beautiful historic centre.
Ideal for two couples, or a family with grandparents, as there is the main house which leads to a fully equipped apartment which can interconnect if required, but with its own independent entrance and garden area too.
Both parts of the property have stylish interiors both with a romantic double bedroom and luxury en-suite bathrooms with showers and tubs (one is a jacuzzi overlooking the garden for winter use), with double basins. In the main house there are also 2 single/children's rooms and shower room. Beautiful garden, own pool with stunning views, and all within a short walk of the delights of Barga old town!
The property consists of:
- Open plan living/kitchen/diner leading to covered loggia area. The kitchen has sink, 5 ring hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine, toaster, kettle etc .
- Comfy sofas, fireplace, TV, DVD.
- One bedroom apartment (you can close off as required and enter from separate entrance from outside) with a large double bedroom, bathroom with tub and shower, and open plan living/kitchen diner. Independent entrance and garden area for relaxing away from main group if you wish.
- The property has some internal exposed stonework, and beautiful beamed ceilings.
- Double bedroom leading to covered upstairs terrace. Luxury en-suite with romantic spa style bath with a view for use in winter when pool is closed, large walk in shower cubicle, WC, bidet , and jack and jill wash basins. Bathe in style!
- Two single bedrooms.
- Fenced and gated gardens with private pool and sunbathing area with beautiful views over to Barga.
- Covered arched terrace/ wrap around loggia for shaded al fresco dining and relaxing
- Covered upstairs terrace leading from double bedroom
- Plenty of parking
All this peace and quiet in a rural idyll yet a short walk from the bars, restaurants, and buzz of the stunning town of Barga.
NB - the owner will pass once a day to look after her horse which is in a paddock in the large grounds.
A little about the area:
The mediaeval town of Barga, is well known for its art, music, restaurants and great views..There are hilly windy cobbled streets, little piazzas, gelaterias, art galleries and restaurants, all settled beneath, 10th Century cathedral complete with 'Duomo'. There are often outdoor concerts/plays performed many times free of charge with performances ranging from Rock and Pop, to Jazz and the Classics and in the summer there are regular festas and 'markets under the stars'.
All this is a short walk from the property so the location really is ideal!
- Barga itself is circa 1 hour 15 mins from Pisa,
- 1 hr 40 mins from Florence;
- 50 minutes from the beautiful walled mediaeval city of Lucca with its fully intact walls which you can cycle around, gorgeous architecture, 99 churches (!), coffee bars, restaurants large piazza's & real Italian atmosphere.
- There are lots of cultural events, regular antiques markets, concerts, opera (there is a performance of operatic songs every evening) , and & of course the designer shops! Lucca Summer festival, held in July also attracts many famous Acts.
- Close to the National Parks of the Apuane Alps.
- Strada del Vino
- The stunning mountainous Garfagnana, with lots of mediaeval villages.
- National Parks
- The Wind Caves
- Fortress at Verrucole
- Local market town of Castelnuovo
- Zip wiring at the Buffardello or river canyoning at the adventure park
And much more...