This fabulous traditional restored stone built farmhouse dating from approximately 1789 in the charming village of Poggio has been restored sympathetically and to a very high specification.
There are stunning views from all aspects of the house of both the Appennines and the Apuane mountain ranges.
From the top terrace there are incredible views of Ponte di Villetta- the magnificent railway viaduct, Lago di Pontecosi and Orecchiella National Park.
This property offers extremely flexible accommodation and original features and in our opinion has the potential to be a successful B&B/Rental property.
Entering the property from the village lane:
There is a charming covered porchway leading to the main front door:
- Large entrance hallway
- Lounge with feature stone fireplace and double aspect windows
- Archway to bespoke fitted dining kitchen with range cooker and access to small balcony overlooking a pretty terrace.
- 2 Double Bedrooms both with fantastic views
- Luxury bath/shower room
- Door from hallway to external stairs leading to the ground floor terrace and parking area
- Large Master Bedroom with double aspect windows
- Fabulous en-suite shower room
- Dressing Room
- 4th bedroom which could be used as a home office, nursery or service kitchen for the terrace (water and electrics are installed)
- Panoramic cotta tiled terrace
With two independent entrances this area (which is currently used as a work studio) has the potential to be a self-contained apartment. There is:
- 1 large room (with windows) – currently laid out as 5th double bedroom
- 2 shower rooms
- Kitchen area (no units but all electrics and plumbing are installed)
- Lounge area or Bed 6 (currently a studio) with door to 3rd Terrace/Garden area
There is also a separate utility/storage/boiler room with entrance from the ground floor terrace.
The house has both gas central heating and solar panels for hot water production.
Large barn with newly laid concrete floors and sound walls and roof , suitable for workshop and storage.
The village of Poggio is enhanced by being within walking distance to a train station on the Pisa-Aulla line giving connections to both the beautiful Ligurian Coast including the famous Cinque Terre, Lucca, Pisa and Florence which have links to most of the major cities.
There are also extensive walking, trekking, mountain and road cycling, skiing, many public swimming pools in the vicinity and lots of interesting towns villages and countryside to explore.
- Large terrace with wooden pergola covered with vines
- Traditional Pizza Oven
- Wood Store
- Parking Areas
- Side Terrace
Driving Times (Approximate)
Floor plans (indicative) available on request.
- Pisa airport 90 minutes
- Lucca 45 mins,
- Florence 90 minutes
- Cinque Terre 90 minutes
- Camporgiano 5minutes
- Castelnuovo di Garfagnana 10 minutes