Apartment Castelnuovo is set in the heart of the market town of Castelnuovo, which is the capital of the Garfagnana area.
This pristine ground floor apartment with enclosed flat garden with part mountain backdrop, is set within walking distance of all the facilities in town, including bars, restaurants, open air swimming pool, station, local weekly market and the small Piazzas ideal for watching the world go by.
An ideal base for visiting the delights of the Garfagnana!
Apartment consists of:
- Spacious living/kitchen/diner with oven, hob, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine, heater and TV. WIFI
- Double doors leading to garden.
- Double bedroom with doors to terrace
- Bunk bedroom with doors to terrace
- Shower room with shower, WC, sink and bidet
A little about the location:
- Flat enclosed garden
- Private eating area
Location is ideal for exploring the market town of Garfagnana as well as this stunning mountainous area in general.
The walk to the local pool and tennis courts is under 1km and to the station is 2km. There are bars, restaurants and supermarket a stone's throw away and the main part of town is a 700M walk.
For days out distances are as follows:
- The beautiful mediaeval town of Barga with its Tuscan architecture, Duomo with amazing views, cobbled streets, good restaurants, bars and often free music of all types in its various Piazza's and markets 'under the stars' - 15 mins
- The fully walled stunning and unique City of Lucca where one can cycle around the still intact walls, listen to opera, climb some of the church towers (there are 99 churches inside the walls!), dine out, do designer shopping, relax in the grande piazzas, or simply stroll the shady streets and parks. Voted best City in Italy on numerous occasions. 45 minutes.
- Pisa - visit the leaning tower in under 1 hr 15 mins
- Florence and its treasures 90 mins
- National Park of Orrecchiella 25 mins
- The Wind Caves - largest cave system in Tuscany, up in the mountains with a fantastic tour - 35 mins
- Local ancient fortress with brilliant views and some interactive activities for children, restaurant etc - 20 mins
- Zip wire /tree climbing park with courses for all ages from tiny ones up to strong fit sporty adults! 15/20 mins
- Plenty of hilltop villages and so many opportunities for walking, or picnicking
- Swim in the river - 10 mins
- Adventure park with water canyoning, rock climbing etc 30 mins
Overall a fantastic budget base for the area!