Zia Iole is a newly restored edge of hamlet house, set over 3 floors providing up to 6 bedrooms and 4 shower rooms, with ample terrace, small garden and pool.
Due to the size of the house, it is offered as just a 4 bedroom 3 bathroom (2 en-suite) house for the price detailed, with the additional 2 bedrooms and shower room on the top floor offered as an optional extra for larger groups at a further cost of E200/150 per week.
This spacious unshared property with its own small pool and garden area is well located for exploring, and is well priced for groups on a budget looking for a bright airy and clean base.
As well as lots of bedrooms and bathrooms there are 2 kitchen areas, 2 terraces, and various spots within the house for relaxing and dining.
Outside there is a small garden area with private pool, sunbathing area and terraces. The photos do not depict the fully furnished garden area and there will be a good size table for al fresco dining and additional sun loungers for the summer.
Downstairs to basement/ground floor where there is
- Enter house into living room/diner which leads to kitchen.
- Here there is a TV/DVD player, and the kitchen is fully equipped with oven, hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, and dishwasher
- Also on this floor are facilities sleeping 6 :
- 1 double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- 1 further double bedroom
- 1 twin room
- Family shower room
On the third floor, and available as an 'optional extra' (closed off if not rented) is:
- Taverna kitchen leading to ground floor terrace. Here there is a sink, hob and fridge/freezer.
- The kitchen is open to a second indoor dining area.
- 1 twin bedroom with en suite shower room.
A little about the area:
- 1 double bedroom
- 1 twin bedroom.
- These bedrooms are in fact one enormous family room, separated by a large wardrobe which is large enough to create a 'wall' and 2 separate rooms. There is a door width opening between the rooms, but no door.
- 1 shower room
- Further relaxing area leading to large terrace.
- The cost for hiring this additional sleeping space for 4 guests is E200 per week.
Set in a tiny hamlet in the mountainous Media Valle/Garfagnana, this is the perfect base for exploring this stunning region, being just 40 mins from the centre of Lucca, and 15 mins from the mediaeval town of Barga.
The house is 3km from the village of Cardoso, which is a really beautiful olde worlde village perched on a hillside and with amazing views at every turn. Here there are regular summer festas, and there is also a popular traditional Tuscan Restaurant and basic shop.
There is also a restaurant 1.5km in the other direction ,and the house is only a few minutes drive from a popular lakeside restaurant too which does great fish in the evenings.
For a full food shop, then the hypermarket in Gallicano is less than a 10 min drive.
Ideally located to visit:
Unspoilt Garfagnana full of hillside villages and stunning countryside along with 2 National Parks - 15/20 minutes
Barga - beautiful medieaval town known for its views, restaurants, music festivals and art - 15 minutes
Lucca - charming fully walled City which one can cycle around. Interesting architecture, cobbled streets, lots of Piazzas for people watching with a glass of wine or gelato. There are cultural events, regular antiques markets, designer shops, opera recitals etc. 40 mins
Pisa - 1 hour
Grotta del Vento - 35 mins
Orridi del Botri - Tuscany's only Canyon - 45 mins