Situated in the village of Casatico, 1 hr 15 mins North of Lucca is Casa Vitoio
This spacious, well equipped, and newly renovated 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom house, has its own pool, small vineyard and apple orchard in the grounds.
This new, light and airy house is approached from the peaceful village, and from the rear, has wonderful views across the Serchio valley, with the mountains beyond.
The pool, is fully surrounded by a large sunbathing terrace (part paved and part decked) is a good size, and is 12M x 6M plus Roman steps, for relaxing hot days, and cool swims…..
The house is set in the village of Casatico, which itself is immersed in the heart of the green and mountainous Garfagnana region of Northern Tuscany.
The village itself is 1 hr 15 mins north of Lucca, less than 2 hrs from Florence and 90 mins. from Pisa. Castelnuovo is famous for its Thursday morning market is around a 20 minute or so drive, and the mediaeval town of Barga 40 mins.
Garfagnana with its stunning scenery is perfect for walking, picknicking, relaxing, visiting countless hilltop villages, visiting the National Parks of the region.
The closest larger village is Camporgiano around 2km away - there is a small supermarket, a few shops, bars, a couple of restaurants, small Monday morning market, pharmacy, and train station for easy exploring of the area.
• Enter the property into large light and airy living/diner.
• There is a good sized dining table with sufficient room for 8 to dine; and a comfortable living area, with comfy seating for 6; fireplace; CD; TV, DVD and sofa bed. WIFI internet (€20 p/w).
• Also on the ground floor is the well equipped kitchen, with oven; hob; fridge/freezer; dishwasher;microwave, and small breakfasting table.
• The downstairs WC with WC, bidet and shower, also doubles as a utility room with washing machine.
• Double doors from the hallway, lead to large dining terrace overlooking to the left, chestnut trees (providing a shaded parking area) and the village of Casatico, and straight ahead to the pool area, with valley and mountains beyond. • On the first floor there are 3 bedrooms, and 3 bathrooms, all with traditional style arch vaulted beamed ceilings, and wooden style flooring.
• The master bedroom is large, airy and double aspect, with door leading to small terrace overlooking pool area. The bedroom enjoys and en-suite shower room, with shower, WC, sink and bidet.
• The second bedroom is reached via a small ante room/dressing room leading from the hall, and is a twin room which can be converted to a double if required – this room has an en suite bathroom with bathtub, and shower over, sink, WC and bidet.
• The third bedroom is designed for children with both a set of bunk beds, and a sofa style single bed. This room is also reached via an ante room/dressing room and has an en-suite shower room.
Despite village location the house has lots of land at the back with an orchard, chestnut tree and vines.
Views are split between village views and those over open countryside
There is a large terrace leading from the ground floor which itself leads down to pool area, which is fully surrounded by sunbathing area.
Pool is 12M x 6M with Roman Steps.