Fantastic town location for this 2 bedroom apartment with garden and pool. Just a 5 minute walk to the Main Squre and 20 mins to station.
Giovanna is a spacious and well equipped town apartment with 2 bedrooms, one bathroom, living/diner, kitchen, and second living area with sofabed.
Outside there is a fantastic covered loggia providing shaded al fresco dining and relaxing - a perfect place for reading, or pre dinner drinks too. There is also a good size pool 10M x5M which is a real luxury with a town property!
NB - the owner also has an apartment in the house but is away working in the mountains for most of the summer at their refuge where they tend to sleep too. When home they have their own entrance on opposite side of house and their own garden area. They may occasionally use the pool for a while if they are home, The rest of the time though the pool is yours, which is great for an apartment of this price!!
A little about the area:
- Living/diner with fireplace, comfy seating and space for internal dining, leading via arch to second living area with sofabed, Sat TV. WIFI.
- The living area leads to kitchen which is equipped with oven, hob, dishwasher, grill, fridge/freezer.
- Washing machine is in utility area.
- Also on the same floor are two double bedrooms and a modern shower room with shower cubicle, basin, WC and bidet.
- The kitchen leads out to beautiful covered loggia al fresco dining and relaxing area overlooking ample pool.
- Pool is 10M x 5M and ranges from 1.1 to 2M in depth.
- BBQ and wood oven for making pizza!
The property is situated in the centre of Castelnuovo di Garfagnana which is an historic market town and the capital of the Garfagnana.
This bustling little market town boasts a Thursday morning market, shops, local bars, gelaterias, eating places, little piazzas , a river and of course a train station for easy exploring and often in the summer there is entertainment too inthe Main Square. You can walk to all facilities.
This is a taste of the real Italy!
Being the capital of the area, the town is an ideal base for exploring and for days out distances are as follows:
Overall a fantastic budget base for exploring the area, with the luxury of a pool too!
- The beautiful mediaeval town of Barga with its Tuscan architecture, Duomo with amazing views, cobbled streets, good restaurants, bars and often free music of all types in its various Piazza's and markets 'under the stars' - 15 mins
- The fully walled stunning and unique City of Lucca where one can cycle around the still intact walls, listen to opera, climb some of the church towers (there are 99 churches inside the walls!), dine out, do designer shopping, relax in the grande piazzas, or simply stroll the shady streets and parks. Voted best City in Italy on numerous occasions. 45 minutes.
- Pisa - visit the leaning tower in under 1 hr 15 mins
- Florence and its treasures 90 mins
- National Park of Orrecchiella 25 mins
- The Wind Caves - largest cave system in Tuscany, up in the mountains with a fantastic tour - 35 mins
- Local ancient fortress with brilliant views and some interactive activities for children, restaurant etc - 20 mins
- Zip wire /tree climbing park with courses for all ages from tiny ones up to strong fit sporty adults! 15/20 mins
- Plenty of hilltop villages and so many opportunities for walking, or picnicking
- Swim in the river - 10 mins
- Adventure park with water canyoning, rock climbing etc 30 mins