Beautiful newly renovated, romantic, 4 bedroom, 3 bathroom villa, with private pool, stunning mountain views, and within walking distance of gorgeous walled medieval village. In fact there is a restaurant just 450M away. What a treat!
Monte Pigoli is a sympathetically restored Italian Villa, benefiting from the most amazing views over the Apuane mountains. There is a balcony sweeping around the villa taking in that vista, and the kitchen, dining area, and two of the bedrooms lead directly out to the balcony, giving a really romantic feel to the house, with the 4th bedroom leading straight to the garden to get those views too!
- Enter into the property where there is a lovely and well equipped open plan living/kitchen/diner, which leads onto a balcony that sweeping the entire sides of the house, leading to a patio for al fresco dining overlooking that vista and the pool area.
- The kitchen has all mod cons such as oven, 5 ring hob, double sink, dishwasher, fridge freezer, microwave etc.
- The light and airy dining area also leads onto the balcony taking advantage of the vista.
- The living area has 2 sofas, WIFI, TV, DVD
Also on this floor is:
- Double bedroom, with doors leading to balcony.
- Double bedroom, with en-suite shower room (shower, WC, basin and bidet), and doors leading to balcony.
- Single room with large single bed (piazza e mezzo)
- Family bathroom with romantic claw footed bath, and hand held shower, WC, basin and bidet.
On the floor below:
- Further large double bedroom, with doors leading to the garden and a shower room. Wonderful private space.
- Private garden and pool with Roman Steps
- Patio for al fresco dining
- Washing machine under covered area
A little about the area:
Castiglione is one of the main villages of the beautiful Garfagnana, region, often described as the most beautiful and dramatic part of Tuscany. This gorgeous walled medieval village is surrounded by amazing vistas of the Apuane mountains, at every turn, and has a real feel of yesteryear. There are 2 restaurants, 3 cafes and several traditional shops in the village for buying fresh produce, and there is a weekly market too. The village has regular festas and music, including a medieval festival in August.
Garfagnana is 'Hidden Tuscany' at its best. With stunning scenery it is the perfect area in Tuscany for walking and outdoor activities.
There is however so much more:
The market town of Castelnuovo is less than a 10 min drive away, with its bars, restaurants, shops, famous Thursday morning market, and train station for easy exploring.
The beautiful mediaeval town of Barga with its cobbled streets, great architecture, cathedral & great views is only a 20 minute drive. Famous for its art and music, evening markets, dancing, and sometimes even impromptu entertainment from Paolo Nutini! Well known for its restaurants too....
Lucca, the fully walled Mediaeval City and the Capital of the Region is less than 1 hr, and one can spend the day cycling or meandering along its ample walls; people watching in both the grand and tiny piazzas with prosecco, coffee or ice cream; designer shopping; climbing towers, visiting some of its 99 churches or just taking in the atmosphere. If you like opera, there is a recital every evening before dinner in a unique church setting.
The traditional Tuscan sites of Pisa and Florence are easily do-able in a day trip as are the beaches of Forte dei Marmi or Viareggio. Many guests also visit the Cinque Terre...
For those who enjoy the outdoor life there is also a local tree climbing/zip wiring park, with courses adapted for all age groups, from the very young to adults.
There are local adventure parks where one can try water canyoning, rock climbing, swimming in rock pools, canoeing etc and there is the Grotta del Vento, a massive cave system in the mountains which is a good day out.
There is an ancient fortress to visit with jaw dropping views, and interactive displays for children including a chance to try a little archery......
This is a perfect place to enjoy the rural Tuscany of yesteryear, but also well located for exploring further afield.
NB Please note that there is now a tourist tax in this part of Italy - E1 per person per day up to a maximum of E5 per stay is applicable to all guests age 14 and over.